SPECIALIST ADVICE FOR THE FOOD INDUSTRY
If you work in the food and drink industry, you will know how essential it is to the national economy. East Anglia, in particular, is rightly proud of the range and quality of the food we produce and process, from our potatoes, poultry, pork and malting barley to award winning crisps, beers, wines, and cheeses. Every morning, people across the country sprinkle sugar made from our sugar beet on breakfast cereals made from our grains.
Events outside your control, such as Covid-19, Brexit and climate change, frequently shape this fast-moving, ever-evolving industry. You need to be able to respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions for your business to prosper. ARC members have the experience and expert knowledge to help you adapt and thrive.
Our consultants apply their deep understanding of the food industry to support clients operating across the supply chain, from farm to fork. We can advise you on:
- Business planning
- New product development
- Supply chain solutions
- Applying for rural grants and government tenders
- Food and drink safety planning
- Food packaging
- Marketing and promotion
- Farm planning.
WE CAN WORK WITH YOU TO:
- Identify relevant professional accreditations for your business
- Apply Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles to ensure safe, hygienic food production
- Develop a bespoke business plan to help you meet your specific objectives
- Develop an export plan, including identifying target markets and distributors
- Develop the best supply chain options for your business
- Ensure you pass all customer audits
- Complete government tenders for supplying food products to schools, hospitals, universities and prisons.
OUR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALISTS CAN:
- Deliver new product development training that helps you identify market gaps and opportunities
- Recommend product specifications for your commodities
- Help you create retail-ready packaging, from initial development to design and print
- Advise on all legal packaging requirements
- Help you develop your bar code system
- Identify and recommend suitable food packers and fully support you through the selection process
- Help you develop a robust product recall policy for your business.
OUR MARKETING AND SALES TRAINING SPECIALISTS CAN:
- Help you create an effective marketing and PR plan for your business
- Identify grants and complete grant applications on your behalf
- Devise a sales strategy for your business and help you achieve your targets.
OUR RECRUITMENT, TRAINING AND MENTORING SPECIALISTS CAN:
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to support employee development and help you grow your business
- Identify suitable candidates for your organisation and support you through the final interview selection and recruitment process.