WATATUNGA WILDLIFE RESERVE: TOURISM RESEARCH, BUSINESS PLANNING AND FUNDING
Watatunga Wildlife Reserve, home to exotic animals including Waterbuffalo, Vietnamese Sika deer and rare bird species has been developed deep in the Norfolk countryside at Watlington, thanks to the expertise and team-work of Anglia Rural Consultants.
With a passion for global conservation work, our client needed a professional business plan and funding to realise his vision for the development of an exciting new wildlife reserve, to kick-start the operation. Situated on his farm-land amongst 170 acres of woodland, grassland and lakes, visitors would be able to see extraordinary, non-predatory wildlife close-up in a natural, open environment.
- In-depth knowledge of business planning
- Access to robust tourism data and research
- Knowledge of grant-funding opportunities and how to secure them
The grant application was successful and funding secured. The business plan and application clearly demonstrated how:
- An additional six to seven jobs would be created
- More than 33,500 additional visitors would be attracted to the local area
- The level of visitor spend would provide additional revenue to pubs, restaurants, hotels, garages and other services
- The turnover and income of the farming business would increase
Watatunga Wildlife Reserve is now open to visitors, providing luxury accommodation, guided tours and an educational programme to inspire young people.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 07831 208 963